PADI Deep Diver
The lure of the deep. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 metres/60 feet, and on wall dives, it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 metres/130 feet, you should take the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course.
If you’ve earned the PADI Adventure Diver rating or higher, and you’re at least 15 years old, you can enroll in the Deep Diver course.
Before arriving for your course, you will need to complete the PADI Deep Diver eLearning. Your training starts by reviewing the reasons for deep diving and how important it is to know your personal limits. During four deep dives with your instructor, you’ll go over:
- Specialized deep diving equipment such as a Dive Computer. If you do not own a dive computer, you can rent it for this course or ask our store staff about special deals for divers taking the course with us.
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures, and buoyancy control
- Managing your gas supply, dealing with gas narcosis, and safety considerations.
You may be able to get college credit for the Deep Diver course – ask your instructor.
Also, the first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
You’ll need a dive computer along with the rest of your basic scuba equipment. A dive light and slate are also recommended. Your Low Key PADI Instructor or staff may suggest other gear appropriate for local deep diving.
To get started:
- Call or Click the Book Now Button at the top of this page to sign up for your specific dive dates
On Your Dive Day:
- Meet with your Low Key Dive Instructor to review your eLearning and prepare for your dive