Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a team of PADI instructors and our in-house Platinum PADI Course Director, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management, and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- The business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Bonus: In Addition to the minimum requirements for Divemaster, we also include the PADI Dive Theory eLearning and remediation to assist you in preparing for your next step in your diving career.
- 18 years old
- PADI Advanced Open Water (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months.
- You must pre-register at least 1 week in advance for this program. There is eLearning and paperwork to complete before you arrive for the course.
As a dive professional, you’ll need to have all your basic scuba equipment, including a dive computer, a dive knife, and at least two surface signaling devices. During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you’ll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags, and slates. Your PADI Instructor may suggest additional gear that will be useful throughout your diving career.
Check with our in-house PADI Course Director to put together a package of gear to begin your professional career.
We have developed a comprehensive program that blends technology with hands-on experience beyond the traditional PADI Divemaster Course you will find in any PADI Dive Center in the world.
To get started all you need to do is sign up and pay for your course by hitting the Book Now Button or you can call one of our reservationists to get you signed up.
Once you are signed up, you will receive a link to our online classroom and your registration codes for your PADI eLearning and Dive Theory. You must pre-register at least 1 week in advance for this program. There is eLearning and paperwork to complete before you arrive for the course.
Our online classroom will be your direct connection to our full-time Platinum PADI Course Director and a team of mentors that will be working with you throughout your program. The classroom is going to allow you to prepare for your course before you arrive and allow you to spend more time working with our staff learning the practical skills that will allow you to be a successful Divemaster.
$1895 – All Inclusive Price for Tuition and Materials (PADI Application Fees Not Included)
Introduction to the PADI Divemaster Course
Learn more about the Divemaster course and try out the Divemaster eLearning by following this link. Sign in with your current PADI eLearning Login or create an eLearning account and start your professional adventure!
Map Out Your Plan for Building Your Career in Diving
Our Google Calendar will give you an overview of our options for Rescue, Divemaster, and Instructor Programs. Please Note: IDC dates are tentative pending the IE dates from PADI. You must pre-register at least 1 week in advance for this program. There is eLearning and paperwork to complete before you arrive for the course.